Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Spirited Away

Last weekend we went to a friend's house (one of S's coworkers) to see a movie with J. Our first choice was Spirited Away--a PG film. What's the difference between PG and G, anyway? So 10 minutes in, as Chihiro's parents get turned into pigs, S and I look over to J, and see that he has a look of abject terror on his face.
"J, do you like the movie?"
"NO! The pigs! The pigs scare me!"
Oops. I guess that's the difference between PG and G. So we went with The Princess and the Frog and all was set aright, even though they managed to get turned into frogs...

J is hilarious these days. He absorbs language like you wouldn't believe, and he generalizes like crazy. This leads to funny results. Here are excerpts from just today:
Forgetting my keys in the car door: "You begot the keys!"
Pointing at a telephone wire in the sky: "Look, a rainbow!"
Eating a carrot: "I'm eating a carrot log."
I hiccup: "You hic'd up!"
On being accused of being grumpy: "No. No! No I amn't! (sullenly) I amn't."

And there are at least as many just today that I can't remember.

No comments: