Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Todo bien

I went to the doctor again today, and everything looked good. For the first time, I saw the little guy move on the ultrasound while feeling him move inside me. The results from the detailed ultrasound came back normal - everything looks good, the baby has a slightly big head and slightly short limbs (already taking after his dad) and otherwise looks perfect for his age.

I was officially half way there a week ago, but that seems a little silly to me, since they measure pregnancy from the first day of your last menstrual period. So for the first two weeks of this pregnancy, the little dude was not yet in existence at all, and for the first four weeks, I didn't know I was pregnant. Now, it is actually 19 weeks past conception, so half-way to the birth. The baby is the size of a carrot, and weighs 3/4 of a pound. I am much bigger than a carrot, and have gained 16 pounds so far - if that turns out to be half the total, I'd be fine, but I think the weight gain is much greater in the second two trimesters. We shall see. (I'm still several pounds smaller than I was during my "fat phase" in college, so it is easy for me not to freak out about this.) For now - todo bien.

(Pic coming soon!)

No comments: